Pom Pom Island Resort (www.pompomisland.com) invites highly motivated individuals for the following positions:
1. Chinese Speaking Dive Instructor / Dive Master
- Applicant must have experience in Diving Resort Industry.
- Possess good English and Chinese speaking.
- Contract of two years with free food and lodging subject to work permit approval if the applicant is a non Malaysian.
2. Executive Chef
- Responsibilities: The executive chef will train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities; estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food; select and develop recipes; standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality; establish presentation techniques and any festival presentation related. Ensure the kitchen is always dry and clean.
- Responsible for all of the daily operations of the kitchen. Must maintain control of the kitchen and the people who work under him and the food that leaves the kitchen meets the requirements. The Executive Chef serves as a role model and mentor to the chefs, and must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. He will be hands on also doing cooking on most occasions like BBQ presentation or beach wedding presentation etc.
- Responsible for all operations within the kitchen, they have numerous duties. As a result, most Executive Chefs report that they work shifts that are as long as ten to fourteen hours a day. The duties performed by an Executive Chef include the following:
- Ordering Supplies. The Executive Chef must ensure that all supplies are ordered, stocked, and properly stored. This includes all food items, dishes and utensils, cleaning products, cooking supplies, and any other item necessary for kitchen functioning.
- Recipe and Meal Creation. Responsible to create recipes and meals that will keep customers on different composition of the guest nationalities coming back for more. Whether it is new dishes that have never been tried before, or just a take on a classic dish, the Executive Chef is responsible for all food that reaches a customer’s plate. The best Executive Chefs remain up to date on new technique and can continue to modify the menu to suit their customers.
- Accounting. Executive Chefs are often responsible for keeping track of kitchen expenses, reporting to the owner what is spent and what is needed for the kitchen. Information about the expenses incurred by the kitchen must be accurately tracked and reported.
- Staffing. The Executive Chef is responsible for hiring and firing kitchen and sometimes wait staff. Responsible for making sure the kitchen is adequately staffed in all areas and no over staffed is allowed, and that employees receive the necessary training to ensure quality culinary dishes are produced. The Executive Chef assigns duties to his or her staff, such as food preparation tasks, or assigned line positions.
- Cooking. Depends on the arrangement and number of qualified chefs the Executive Chef is required to hands on cooking some of the dishes.
- Ensure a gluten free corner meant for cooking Celiac requests. All theses utensils are strictly to be used for this gluten free cooking only and kept at this reserved space meant for celiac cooking. No one is allowed to use the these cooking utensils for other cooking purposes.
- Experience working in island resort.
- Guest oriented and service minded
- Must be willing to work in island Resort
- Able to manage and command kitchen independently
The above posts are “career position” for those who plan to explore and build up their career seriously in Asia. Reward and remuneration will be subject to performance. Applicants who do not possess this kind of calibre are courteously advised not to apply.
Applicants who do not receive their response within 10 days from their e-mails will be deemed as not successful.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualification.
Interested candidates please email portfolio & resume to @ or call direct to the following contact for interview appointment: 088-484083 / 484093 or Mobile: 016-837 8926 / 016-815 9979 (Lewis / Jessie)
Sipadan Pom Pom Resort & Tours Sdn Bhd (690245-V)
A-2-1, Karamunsing Capital, Lorong Kapital,
Block A, Lot 1, 2nd Floor, 88400 Kota Kinabalu
Tel: 088-484083 / 484093 Fax: 088-484098