Recreation & Activites
In a glance
Night diving, Night turtle patrolling and Night baby turtles releasing are temporary on hold until further notice
For sea lovers there are
- Snorkeling and swimming, either from the beach or the jetty
- Kayak Rental
- It takes about 1 hour to kayak around our island, the best times are either early in the morning or after 4pm in the evening to avoid the heat of the day and enjoy cool sea breezes
For sporting enthusiasts we have:
- Beach volleyball
- Enjoy a game of football with the workers of Pompom
- Enjoy bicycling or running around our jogging/bike track where you can see the vegetable gardens and fruit trees or you can watch the sunset and enjoy romantic walks on the beach.
- Bohaydulong Island Trekking
- For our guests who want to spend longer exploring the nearby islands, we have recently introduced a trek at Bohaydulong Island, where you can climb up to 366 metre view point over the other islands. After that, you can then a visit the Marine Park Research centre into Giant Clams. We take our morning break, then our guests can enjoy snorkelling within the lagoon. We take a picnic lunch which we can enjoy either at Bohaydulong or Mantabuan Island on the beach depending on tides times. After that we continue snorkelling around the beautiful corals gardens within the Marine Park then returning home to Pom Pom later in the afternoon.
For those who want relax inside, there is a pool table, board games, and our bar area with seating area. In the evenings, our Dive Instructors can be found at our Dive Desk where you can check through our fish and macro books to identify the discoveries of the day and plan for the following day
Marta is the first JR PADI OPEN WATER of 2020! We can't wait for her to enjoy scuba diving from now on, anywhere in the world. Start the New Year with your very first [...]
Beach Clean Up!
Sad to see all the rubbish washed up on the shores. Every single morning at 7:00 am, our maintenance team clean not only the resort beach, but also the sea turtle nesting area, located [...]
Coral Reef Restoration Project Updates!
A few years ago, we started a coral reef restoration project to help our gorgeous housereef to recover from the past events of fish bombing practice. Pom Pom Island reef was full of macrolife, [...]
Reef Check Surveys – Sustainable Coral Reef Management Starts With Us!
Everyone likes to swim in pristine waters and be surrounded by coloured fish and amazing coral formations, but to maintain this beautiful reef, we need to monitor its health regularly! The monitoring and the [...]
Beach clean up in Pom Pom Island!
Beach Clean Up With Pom Pom Lovers, Oceanmimic & the Navy We cleaned up the whole Pom Pom Island! 33 volunteers, 24 full bags, 115 kg of plastic (mostly bottles) and polystyrene… it’s a [...]
A new marine conservation intern!
In the past, our coral reef has been severely damaged due to dynamite fishing. After the first phase of studies, experiments and trials, we are finally ready to repopulate mandarin house reef 🙂 Massimo, [...]