~ Recreation section under construction ~
There is never a dull moment at Pom Pom Island resort. For the adventurous we offer kayaking and snorkeling or if that sounds like too much hard work then why not take a stroll on our white sand beaches or simply sit back and soak up the rays
Night diving ,Night turtle patrolling and Night baby turtles releasing are temporary stop until further notice.
For sea lovers there are
- Snorkeling and swimming, either from the beach or the jetty
- Kayak Rental
- It takes about 1 hour to kayak around our island, the best times are either early in the morning or after 4pm in the evening to avoid the heat of the day and enjoy cool sea breezes
For sporting enthusiasts we have:
- Beach volleyball
- Enjoy a game of football with the workers of Pompom
- Enjoy bicycling or running around our jogging/bike track where you can see the vegetable gardens and fruit trees or you can watch the sunset and enjoy romantic walks on the beach.
- Bohaydulong Island Trekking
- For our guests who want to spend longer exploring the nearby islands, we have recently introduced a trek at Bohaydulong Island, where you can climb up to 366 metre view point over the other islands. After that, you can then a visit the Marine Park Research centre into Giant Clams. We take our morning break, then our guests can enjoy snorkelling within the lagoon. We take a picnic lunch which we can enjoy either at Bohaydulong or Mantabuan Island on the beach depending on tides times. After that we continue snorkelling around the beautiful corals gardens within the Marine Park then returning home to Pom Pom later in the afternoon.
For those who want relax inside, there is a pool table, board games, and our bar area with seating area. In the evenings, our Dive Instructors can be found at our Dive Desk where you can check through our fish and macro books to identify the discoveries of the day and plan for the following day
Our coral conservation team has a new artificial reef and a new entry: the Chinese dive instructor Mya! This week the coral conservation team has been busy planting corals on the new frame and [...]
Tonight was literally a magic night! One of the nights you can only read in the book.. A new moon, the bioluminescence, the fire flies, the jungle, the high tide and the sign of [...]
On 24th July, the conservation team got new coral gardeners, Tom and Rein! Despite their age, the 2 divers planted with me and Jussry a lot of coral on our artificial reefs, located in [...]
Hello everyone, today I have been in the water with an amazing family of coral gardeners: the family Chan! We enjoyed all afternoon, planting corals on a new artificial reef, the NEMO reef, located [...]
Watching a "hatchling" struggle out of the nest and make its own way to the water is very special and emotional experience.... Last night, after the daily turtle patrol, the conservation team checked few [...]
A big thank you to our turtle sponsor Vivian for adopting a green turtle nest! When we find a sea turtle nests we protect it! On occasion, we need to relocate the nests. This [...]